Tips for a Successful NaNoWriMo
Oct 14, 2020
Hey, writers!! Are you doing #NaNoWriMo this year?
Yay, so am I. Every year I write blogs about doing it, articles, and I share tips because I want YOU to be successful. Well, this year is no different!!!!
Add me as a buddy at https://nanowrimo.org/ I am stephnewyork
Here are some quick and easy tips!!
- Be open to whatever story you are writing--meaning--just be free and free write
- Don't edit--just write
- Make a schedule. Usually, during NaNo I set aside a couple of hours every month to write BEFORE I do anything else. Well, maybe you can't do that but try to schedule this in--you will be more likely to do it if it's on your calendar.
- Make a daily word count goal.
- Aim to finish before the end of the month so you have time to spare.
- Do NOT compare yourself to others
- Don't expect this to be perfect right out of the gate.
- Don't outline in October---I find those who do this often fail because they are trying to stick to an idea, whereas it's better to just write. If you must outline, just do it as simple as possible as a guide, not a detailed map.
- Do go to write-ins online and in-person with other writers safely outside with masks on!
- HAVE FUN!!
That's my list for you!!
GRAB YOUR FREE PDF HERE How to Write A Novel in 30 Days
Follow me on social media